Care For Your Peepers
The eyes are the first area to betray us and show our age. The key to keeping them youthful is to moisturize them, just adding an extra dose of moisture is going to keep the wrinkles at bay. Using your regular moisturizer around the eye area is going to help care for your eyes, but using one specifically designed for the delicate skin around your peepers will have the most benefit.
There are so many eye cremes on the market that all claim to do everything from erase your wrinkles to make dark circles seem invisible. If this seems to good to be true, it’s because it is. There are not any products that can do either of these things, but there are products that can soften the look of wrinkles, keep the skin firmer longer, and lighten dark circles.
The best way to navigate through eye cremes is to ignore the front of the box entirely, you want to focus on the ingredients. Some if the best ingredients to look for are:
- Hylauronic Acid – This draws moisture from the air and holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water
- Retinol – This will stimulate collagen production and enhance the plumpness of the skin
- Peptides- These aid in improving the skin’s resilience, tone, and texture
- Vitamins C and E – When combined these help stimulate collagen, they are also antioxidants
These are just some of the most common eye creme ingredients to look for, there are many more. You will also want to look for products that say they contain antioxidants, and other buzzwords like moisturizing and products containing SPF.
With that being said, it can still be difficult to pick out an eye cream, here are some of my favorites for any price range.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream ($19.99) – This contains Retinol to help smooth wrinkles and improve the skins elasticity.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream ($12.49) – This uses AHA’s to exfoliate gently around the eye area to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Boots No7 Reviving Eye Gel ($11.99) – This is a gel opposed to a creme, and is perfect for someone with bags under the eyes, it has a cooling effect on the skin and moisturizes well.
- Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Eye Creme ($10.99) – The cooling sensation from this moisturizer reduces puffiness.
- Olay Regenerist Eye Serum ($10.60) – This helps promote collagen to lift the delicate skin around the eye area.
Price Range: Under $50
- Bliss Fabulous Every Day Eye Creme – This is full of antioxidants to care for the skin, as well as skin highlighters that reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment ($26)- This includes avocado which is an excellent source of Vitamins A,D, and E, the emollient texture is very moisturizing.
- DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Rescue and Protect Eye Balm ($48) – The peptides in this help with fine lines and dark circles.
- Clinique All About Eyes ($38) – This is lightweight, hydrating, and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Murad Silk Eye Gel ($48) – Finally an eye gel made for people with oily skin, this moisturizes, calms, and helps fight eye puffiness.
- Philosophy Miracle worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Eye Creme ($60) – This contains retinods to help reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and increase the skins natural moisture barrier.
- Skin Medica TNS Illuminating Eye Creme ($85) – This contains growth factors that stimulate cellular regeneration, this targets wrinkles at the core.
- Dermalogica AGE Reversal Eye Creme ($75) – This helps to fight all the signs of aging, including hyperpigmentation around the eye area.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Eye Creme – This moisturizer includes collagen and peptides to lift, tone, and firm the eye area.
- SkinCeuticals Eye Gel AOX+ ($60) – Free radicals don’t stand a chance with this antioxidant blend, this is great for someone worried about premature aging.
No matter what your budget is, there is an eye cream out there for you. With all of the advancements that are being made in the line of skincare, there is no reason not to take care of the eye area, your eyes will thank you!