Bye-Bye Pimples, Hello Beautiful Skin
Pimples and I go way back, all the way to puberty to be exact. You’d think by now I would have learned to accept them, however that is not the case. My despise for them hasn’t changed over the years, but my methods of treating them have. In the war against acne these tips have helped me emerge victorious, and given me tried and true methods to share with my clients, and now with all of you.
1. When you first feel a pimple coming on its crucial that you act fast! First you always want to cleanse the area with a salicylic acid cleanser to kill the bacteria. Next, take an ice cube to the area, that will help relieve any swelling that’s generally associated with zits. After that apply a clay or sulfur mask to the spot. Leave it on overnight.
2. To help contain some of the redness from a pimple take a q-tip and dab some cold Visine on it. Keeping your Visine in the refrigerator may seem like a silly idea, but its well worth it.
3. Did your mom or grandma ever tell you “If you have lemons, make lemonade?” Another thing she should have mentioned is that if you have a lemon, use it on your pimple. The acid dries them out almost instantly.
4. If you don’t have any of the before mentioned things near, you can always use a little baking soda and water. When you mix it together it forms a paste. Apply that to the pimple to dry it out.
5. Once the pimple is in full swing salicylic acid is your best friend. Apply a crème or a gel with at least 0.5% salicylic acid in it.
6. Clay and sulfur mask’s don’t have to be limited to problem areas. It’s an easy at home spa treatment that you can apply to your face weekly to dry up excess oil, and remove impurities from the skin.
7. If your acne is severe, grade 3 or above, visit a dermatologist. Drugstore and even specialty store products are not going to be effective enough. The better bet would be to get a prescription for Accutane or Retin-A.
8. You should always avoid putting thick make-up products over pimples, use a concealer with acne fighting benefits instead.
9. When worse comes to worse and suddenly the “Death Star” appears on your face, don’t panic. Ice the spot to remove redness, apply a treatment product, and a concealer. Afterwards apply a light covering of translucent powder to set it. Next, use a diversion! Apply a bold lipstick, or try a smokey eye. No one will notice the pimple once they see your played up features.
All in all, pimples are not the end of the world, it’s just a blemish in the road.